National Business & Technology Conference
For any budding entrepreneurs, regardless of stage in business cycle, looking to compete against other like-minded individuals and receive feedback from industry figures. NBTC 2013 invites all aspiring young entrepreneurs to compete in our premier Entrepreneurship Competition. Along with winning some incredible prizes, participating start-ups will also have the opportunity to:
- Compete and network with innovative entrepreneurs from across North America
- Have your business plans critiqued and heard by a panel of established entrepreneurs and knowledgeable professionals from various industries.
- Get the opportunity to network with competition judges, patent firms, VC/angel firms, incubators, and local startups throughout the conference
Value Add: What’s in it for you?
This event is the flagship of the National Business and Technology Conference, and one of the largest entrepreneurship focused competitions in Canada. It will provide delegates the opportunity to pitch their idea to industry professionals and serial entrepreneurs who have been where they are; providing them with feedback and the experience they need to be successful in future pitches. As well, there have been many companies that have received a lot of exposure, hype and attention as a result of the significant level of media presence at the conference.
Looking to See the Action First-hand?
Early Bird Tickets now available at our Conference Website. Use promocode ilovenspire for an instant $25 discount.
All registered delegates are eligible for a subsidy. There are MANY subsidies available from Laurier University! All subsidies and eligibility details are indicated below:
1) WLU Prism Resources: First 50 students will receive $55 of their ticket.
2) Laurier Faculty of Science: First 10 students will receive $200 of their ticket
3) School of Business and Economics: Up to 50% off your delegate ticket
4) Faculty of Science Students Association- $40 Accomodation, $75 Delegate Fee, $30 Food Expenses
Contact: Please contact Matthew Magdales to apply for a subsidy today.
Prizes Over $80 000 in prizes to be won!
- $5000 Cash Prize for 1st place team!
- Think Video
Video for 1st place winner of the EC valued at $25K
- Frank & Oak
$500 in prizes to the EC winners
How to Qualify
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS FEBRUARY 22, 2013. Applications available on January 19, 2013.
- Form a team that consists of up to four people (students or young professionals). All teams are asked to complete an Entrepreneurship Competition Application Form.
- In the form you will be asked to submit your elevator pitch. This is your opportunity to be creative and let our selection committee know why your team has the opportunity to win! All types of start-ups are eligible to participate in this competition.
- NOTE: You do not have to have registered or bought a ticket to submit an Application. Once submissions have been approved, notifications will be sent out to all successful teams with instructions and registration details.
- The selected teams to enter First Round of the competition at the conference will be notified by late February. Your business will be evaluated based on technological feasibility, market penetration strategy, organizational structure and financial projections. You will be required to purchase your tickets for the conference by a certain time if accepted.
Competition Date: March 8, 2013. Registration at 7:45 AM.
First Round: 8 AM – 12 PM, March 8th 2013 in breakout rooms
Presentation: 7 Minutes
Questions and Answer Session: 5 Minutes
- For top 4 teams (to be announced at time of Final Round)
- 6-7:20 PM, March 8th 2013
- Presentation: 7 Minutes
- Questions and Answers Session 5 Minutes
- Judges get 10 minutes to decide